Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Consequences suck!

Hurting people hurt people.

What is hurt?

The dictionary states:
-to feel or suffer bodily or mental pain or distress: My back still hurts.
-to cause bodily or mental pain or distress: The blow to his pride hurt most.
-to cause injury, damage, or harm.
-to suffer want or need. 
 
in the bible:
-anything that goes against love
 
When someone gets hurt, they hurt others. Out of pain, pride, power, embarrassments, etc. There will always be a cycle of hurt and pain. Where do you pull of that pain and hurt and start living?! 

I'll admit it, it is a heck of a lot easier to live in fear and pain then life and freedom. Sin is always easier to choose than forgiveness and love. We are told to forgive and love our enemies, but how are we suppose to do that when we continue to have night mares, are tempted by the wrong things, and our heart literally hurts. 

We get stuck in this pain and hurt, and it gives power to the "hurter".
 
You are not your hurt. 

But WE CAN NOT TOUCH THIS HURT ALONE. We can not state to forgive or to love our enemies alone. It wont work. 

Matthew 11: 28-30:
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
 
Exodus 14:14
"The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."
 
 
Keep fighting.Fight for someone who needs you next to them, even if it seems like you can't, you'll find the strength.