Friday, August 24, 2012

From the ocean floor to the tops of the mountains...

I lived on the beach for the last 3 months, now I am going back to school living in the forest. Yesterday, I broke down because I couldn't get away and go for a surf because I am in Arizona now. I have to find a new get away place. So today I went on a long bike ride to a place I've never been or explored yet. Not much around, you can hear the freeway, but can not see any buildings, the birds are loud, the grass stands tall and green, the trees make the blue skies stand out even brighter.

I just sat there and realized how calm everything is, the the grass just gently sways in the wind and the birds chase each other. It was quiet. The ocean is so powerful whereas the forest is so calm. I love both spots it just brings different parts of me out. I get excited when I'm in the ocean or on the beach or in water, but when I go into the forest I get an overwhelming feeling of calmness. I realize how small I am in both places but I feel like the forest is easier to stand up against a tree and say "wow this tree has been through drought, fire, floods and much much more and it is still standing tall." I can stand tall.

I can be powerful and have a lot of energy but I can also be calm and just be still. It makes me think more than the ocean does but I am still calm.

What a big world. And I am only a part of such a small part of it. But I still matter.