Saturday, August 4, 2012

Role Model

I have had the opportunity to love on 12 girls for 2 weeks at a time the last 6 weeks. Most of these girls come together for these two weeks once a year, for many years. Most of them are best friends and spend most of their time together. They love each other and they have grown in different ways but they still come together once a year and just pick up their life, like they haven't missed a day.

I have had the chance to teach them all different things, some of them came up to me and specifically ask me for advise some of them just asked hard questions, and others just want to get deep as a cabin, as a family and has a group of 12 girls who need someone in their life.

We get deep, we cry, we laugh, we break fears, we try new things, we fall and we stand, we live life for two weeks and then we have to leave. How do I teach them as much as I can in those two weeks, how can I make them the best version of themselves in two weeks. They go back to their lives, their reality. I try my utmost hardest to keep camp real but fun. Yes they get a break from their phone and friends and family, but going back is some of the hardest things, I ever experienced as a camper, because camp is not reality.

The girls need a role model that actually care for them and love them and will push them to be the best they can be, I am just a resource to help them do that. They matter, they are loved and I want to show them that. I get paid to show them that.