Monday, December 19, 2011

Simplicity.

As human being I think we have a tendency to turn simply things into very complex things.

Do you have those people that just make you smile when you look at them, my brother is one of those people. Michael is my little brother, my reminder, and one hell of a best friend.


Michael is a very simple person. He just rolls with the flow and rolls with the punches. Yes he gets upset and angry, but don't we all? He's not perfect, neither am I. He will get angry about something little my mom says to him, or get upset that he lost his Madden football game on Wii. But what makes up for all of these things is the pure joy he has. He loves to be known just as much as I do.

Tonight we walked around a place called "Winter Haven" in Tucson, where you walk around and look at this neighborhood that gets competitive about having the best decorated front yards in their own unique ways. Lila (our niece) loves when Uncle Mike is around. She admires him. Too see the biggest smile on Michael's face when she made sure Uncle Mike was with us made my heart melt. She had to have Michael hold her hand for the last 30 minutes, when she started getting tired, and he was more than willing to follow me around with her holding his big finger.

Michael is my reminder of what life is about. He contently has to tell me that I am making all of this thing called life too complicated. He tells me all the time "Stop being a girl and relax".

I have been Michael safeguard  since he was born. I have protected him in so many things, if I tell him about something in the past he will deny it sometime, because he didn't all that was going on. I raised my little brother and he is mine.

Earlier today he was just hanging out and playing with our dogs, Duke and Sammy, he just looked so free. Do you have those people in your life that when you look into their eyes you can see the strength they have.You see the determination, the hope, the inspiration, the love, the bravery, the strength, that someone has. There are not many people that can see that in him, to be honest I can only think of me and his girl friend Kasey that can see the potential he has.

Michael has this part of him that is just so relaxed. He literally lives by the words of "It's going to be okay". He has a soft heart when he wants to show it, he will have real talks with you, he will be the goofiest person you will ever meet, and best of all he is one of the best listeners I have ever met. He tells me to stop looking back and smile for the future. He reminds me of who I am and what I want to be.


Michael you are SO incredibility important to me. You will always be so close to my heart. I love you brother and I adore how you show the simplicity of life.