Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sometimes...

I meet with the dear friend of my that gave me the idea that life is a road trip a couple of days ago. We caught up and i told her how my break up and how I'm doing and she just looked at me smiling and says,

"You have been on a dirty road the last couple of months, but you know what I can see the pavement ahead, things are going to smooth out and things and you are going to get back on the highway."

I took an exit without even knowing it because I ran into it. I stayed at this exit for longer than I should have. It was beautiful, it was an adventure, it was what I needed at the time, but because I stayed longer than needed, it started turning dark and lonely leaving me and others hurt.

Now I'm getting back on the freeway, not looking for an exit just looking at beauty around me. I have a lot of sorry's to say, asking for forgiveness but telling them that I am going to be okay. I also have many people to say thank you to, for loving me and being right next to my side the whole time.

I visited Minnesota for a week and a half while I was on break and my father took my to go walk on a frozen lake for the first time in my life. As I am standing on 13 inches of thick ice, I am amazing at the feeling it gives you. Its not humble but empowering. Water being my favor element giving me the power to stand on it.

Who cares about frozen lakes. I do. I care about the empowerment that the Lord gives us. I could have left that exit i was just on a lot sooner than I did, but I wanted to know how far I could go, too see what was next, more adventures out of it, and the Lord gave me the power to say when and I choose wrong.

I do not have the wheel, but I do have some of the power to say where I want to go and when to leave.

I'm getting back on the road.