Sunday, January 15, 2012

Reaction to action...

My dad always told me "You see someone true character, during the hardest of times."

It is easy to be selfless, loving, caring, ect. when things are going right.

My dad raising 3 kids all on his own, is one of the biggest examples of being selfless. He had to chose us DAILY over himself. If he didn't we wouldn't get home safe, or we wouldn't have food on the table, but because he chose us first we made it.

When my real mom left us, my dad had the freedom to react in many different ways. He chose to love, to care, to be a father. For my dad to wake up, miss work, try and find a day care that took a 6 month old is every hard. He missed a whole week of work to do what he needed to do for us. He chose to react in a POSITIVE way. He chose to LOVE.

Today, I had a chance to react in a loving way but I didn't control it, and instead I kind of snapped and in the end we both got hurt. I could have just been really positive and just laugh and say "It's totally okay, I have another thumb" but I was selfish and made her feel bad, when she didn't need to be.

When we have reactions like this, we need to remember how much GRACE we receive from Christ, and offer grace to everyone that we interact with. People are people and we will never be perfect but if we are selfless as much as we can, that grace and love will shine through all the imperfections.

If we stay positive, what a light we can be in this world. How do we react in POSITIVE ways? We stop and we think, and we take a deep breath and tell ourselves it's going to be okay, no matter what so why not make the best out of the situation. Let be humble, and over others before ourselves. Don't let people walk all over you, and don't only focus on others you ignore your own life. But just stop and think and USE LOVE.

So how are you going to choose to react today?