Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Can't just stop...

I can't just stop caring about what or who I love. That's not how love works.

I have recently watched the Twilight series. This is a movie about love and friendship and what it means to really love someone or something. Honestly, it's hard for me to watch movies like this sometimes because sometimes I go through dips and lows of not believing in love. Love the cliche, happy ending, Disney love.
I've never been the one to see myself happily married and settled down in a house with 2.5 kids (the American dream). I ask myself why all the time, but I don't think it matters why. Love is different for everyone. Friendship likewise is something different to everyone.

I have some very close friends, some closer than others and it hurts when there gets more and more distance between us. But people come and people go. But there are those who really change your life. There are people that I will always care for. I will drop what I am doing and help them, comfort them, be with them, talk to them, listen to them, care about them. There gets to be a point in life with some people where you just care too much about them to just stop loving them.

There are some people I can't just bail on. I'm always there for them, and I love every moment of it. Yes this is a form of attachment but its also a form of love. And I'm sorry you just can't stop someone from loving another person.

In the Twilight series, it is a story of a girl who falls in love with a vampire, and she just cant stop from falling in love with him. She loves him so much that she wants to be with him for the rest of her life, and even deeper she wants to change and become an immortal so that she can live forever with him.

There are some people we come across that we just can't get unattached from. I want to encourage you that that is okay and perfectly normal. People just don't talk about love and touchy feelings. Mostly because they don't know how to express it. But it is normal.