Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Run the...

...good race. But I just can't.

David is a man in the bible who wrote most of the psalms. If you read the psalms, you'll see that David is in a spiritual battle. One letter he is crying out for the Lord for help, another letter he is anger and yelling at the Lord. David is a great example of what a spiritual battle looks like.

When the storm comes do we fight it or do we let it blow us over.

Are whole lives we will be fighting this battle. In the storms we cry out like David did in Psalms 4: 1-3

"Answer me when I call to you,
    my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress; 
    have mercy on me and hear my prayer. 
 How long will you people turn my glory into shame?
    How long will you love delusions and seek false gods
  Know that the Lord has set apart his faithful servant for himself;
    the Lord hears when I call to him."

How long do we have to suffer sometime. The times where we are in the middle of it all we lose hope. Then we gain a little hope but we are stuck in the same stuff so we keep falling back into hopelessness. Do we keep fighting or do you give up. Are you in for a long hall, or are you tired and done so you give up. 

How do we get out of the pit of hell when we are in it and when we have been there for so long. Cry upon the Lord, I've been doing that. How much longer to I have to suffer Lord! I'm stuck. Get me out.