Wednesday, May 9, 2012

You decide...

Did you know, if you listened and payed attention you can make every person you come in contact with you can make everyone feel SPECIAL?


We don't know people like we think we do, we judge more than we should, we worry when we shouldn't and we let the little things bother us.


I went to Denny's for breakfast two days ago, one of my friends that was with me was being sassy right away with the waitress. We had no idea how she was feeling, could have been a great morning, or a bad morning, but either way the sass was unneeded and could only do damage.


I was working a men's retreat at a Young Life camp I work at some Saturday's, and because of my mood, I got to pump these guys up for a challenging ropes. I was asking a lot of questions about them, people like talking about themselves. Some of the guys really opened up to me, a small group of some guys were the last guys in line and while waiting, we just started talking about their victories in the addictions and how they are getting through their marriages. I encouraged them to continue to stay strong without their old addictions, communication between them and their wife, and  just reminded them of how strong they are.


I could have been in a bad, tired, it's hot mood, but instead I took the chance to really love on these guys. I will probably never see these guys again, but if I do, I sure hope they remember how special they felt. I want these guys to feel different and important because they are. I got to ask hard questions and I got teased but I just played with them merely because guys can't only have serious, just not how most of them work.


When I come in contact with someone I want them to walk away feeling absolutely adore and loved.


Waiting in a long line in the grocery store, in class with a cranky teacher, listening to your mother tell you what to do even though your 35 years old, your roommate getting upset about the smallest things, your wife not listening to you, what ever annoys the heck out of you find a way to make them feel special, find a way to love them even if you think you can't I bet you can, in the smallest way, shine light on the situation. Be patient and have grace, listen and care.

Stop and think and go against how you feel and make someones day.