Friday, April 13, 2012

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

The Lord is my Shepard. 


Never understood this until I found myself running from myself. For so long until i found myself by myself. Into a corner, surrounded by FEAR and whispers of lies, finding myself tasting the poison of this toxic chemical. Falling deeper and deeper into a pit of despair and pity. 

Begin to hope...less. Until there was no hope, and fear become my boss, laying burdens on my soul, leading me to believe the "life is to hard".

Fear has put its self where God is meant to be. 

Fear is a lie. Fear is a prison.

I run. I run from my pain, into pain. I run from my past, into my past. I run in circles through my head, because my heart and my head are always fighting. My heart knows the truth and my mind listens to the lies, so I run. I run into despair, hopelessness, pain, everything not of God. I blame so I believe I am the victim. I run.

Like Jonah runs from God. He ran to get away from what God wanted for him, Jonah was told to preach at Nineveh, and he went the opposite way, got on a ship and rowed away, but God sent a big storm, making the boat crumble. His friends started to throw things off the side of the boat to make the boat lighter. He fell asleep and his friends said get up and pray to your God. Johan, scared, was determined that the storm was his fault. "If you get rid of me the storm will stop", he told his friends to throw him over too. But instead of drowning, he was swallowed by a whale. 
Jonah was in the whale three days. God commanded the whale, and it vomited the reluctant prophet onto dry land. This time Jonah obeyed God. He walked through Nineveh proclaiming that in forty days the city would be destroyed. Surprisingly, the Ninevites believed Jonah's message and repented.

 We run. From what God wants from us, out of fear. We run, because we don't really put our full trust in Him. We let our fear, our prison keep us tried down, like a bird in a bird cage. We want to be safe, so we run from God.

We run from life. From the giver of life. The root problems aren't going anywhere if you continue to run.

What are you running from? What are you running too? What do you fear?